Part 4

ALT.BABYLON.UK 5 START UP SEQUENCE

Simon: It was begining of a new age in mankind's history books, the third one. Fourteen years after the Earth-Minbari war. alt.babylon5.uk had failed - we were in the middle of one of the most fierce wars that was tearing the universe to shreads - and they still came. The Babylon Project gave way to a new hope, the hope that the number of test threads would be dramatically reduced. The year: 2272, the name of the place is alt.babylon5.uk.

::Cue Music...::


1. Down Below:
Jefferson is giving a speech.

JEFFERSON
My brothers - we MUST protect this station. When the Shadows come they will attempt to kill us ALL - only by standing up together can we fend them off. We MUST strike back. Take your weapons - when they come shoot them, kill them, aim to destroy them - they're after your wives and children - the ONLY things that you have left - we MUST DESTROY THEM!

MARKWCATS
::Yells Out::
Inciting a civil disturbance - Jeferson - that's a two month imprisonment unless you come along quietly.

JEFFERSON
My brothers, these people care not for you but only for themselves - they'll kill us ALL BEFORE they let us on the transports out of here.

HOULDING
You can get off here at any time MarkWCats - you know it. Or is it that you can't - you want to get off but you need these people to rebel - I wonder what Captain Callum or Commander Batty would have to say about that?

JEFFERSON
Mr. WCats - I'll come along quietly.


2. Brig
Jefferson is thrown into the cell opposite Brack.

BRACK
You've found out already Mr. WCats? I'm impressed!

MARKWCATS
No - he was inciting a civil disturbance...

BRACK
Would you mind passing me my gloves?

::He is thrown a pair of leather gloves, Brack puts them on ::Suddenly Jefferson clutches his head::

JEFFERSON
What's happening? I -

::Jefferson slumps down over his chair and Brack closes his eyes::


3. Jefferson's Mind (Empty Black Room)
Brack is standing in the centre of a large dark room.

BRACK
Where are you Ambassador - I need to know.

::Jefferson suddenly appears in a white-ghostly form::

BRACK
Greetings Ambassador - your mind is quite comfortable... I have a few questions.

JEFFERSON
Where AM I?

BRACK
Ah - so you have never undergone a deep scan before. It requires you to be complient or else I'll 'deactivate your mind'. So will you co-operate or shall I be forced to play around with your mind?

JEFFERSON
I'll comply.

BRACK
What happened to the transport of telepaths?

::The background suddenly changes into Jefferson's Room::


4. Jefferson's Mind (His Room)
::Two women are massageing him::

SFX - Bleep

JEFFERSON
Excuse me ladies - I have a communication. I wonder where Na'toth has got to...

::He walks over to his computer and activates BABCOM::

JEFFERSON
Greetings...

DUFFEY
I hope that I have not disturbed you ambassador.

JEFFERSON
My doors are always open to,
::Slaps down the hand of one of the women who was fingering his gown::

JEFFERSON
Always open to my superiors. How may I assist you?

DUFFEY
We have taken some unusual cargo - some people. I can't tell you any more but I WILL tell you that they will make a LOT of difference to the Narn position in the negotiation game...

JEFFERSON
I understand - You need me to arrange for a Destroyer to collect your cargo?

BRACK
So. Your government did TAKE them. I'll

::Gets pulled out of Jefferson's Mind::


5. Brig
::Brack SCREAMS::

::Fade INTO:::


6. Alien Habitat Area
::Batty walks into Kosh's Quarters::

BATTY
Ambassador?

KOSH
Yes.

BATTY
I have a question for you?

KOSH
I shall do my best to answer.

BATTY
What will happen to us if the Shadows break through our line of defense?

KOSH
A game cannot be predicted accurately if you do not know the pieces...

BATTY
So - there may be someone who will help us?

KOSH
Perhaps...

BATTY
But what about you - what will happen?

KOSH
Just because we are giants, does not mean that we cannot be defeated by dwarfs...

BATTY
You're predicting your death are you?

KOSH
Not mine - rather anothers - a person who is selfish and arrogant and a coward will be a dwarf.

BATTY
And they will defeat you?

KOSH
::He remains silent::


7. Suzziwu's Quarters
Suzziwu has just made love with Roderick Hunt...

SUZZIWU
Good morning.

::She massages his shoulders, he groans in appreciation::

HUNT
'morning.

SUZZIWU
I had a great time last night. I have to go on duty now though...

::She gets up and Hunt pulls her down and kisses her, she drops her

::shirt and falls ontop of him...::


8. Callum's Torture Chamber
::He Screams::

DAVE
I think that he's ready.

NUDD
I've got the implant.

::Chaz slits open the side of Callum's arm and places a chip in it::

CHAZ
He's ready.

DAVE
Open the podd, place him in it, DESTINATION: BABYLON 5...

::Evilly laughs::


9. Docking Bay
Shaun Gerrans, Mr. President, Dana K. Scully, Simon Nash, and Lewis Hutton disembark...

SCULLY
What IS this place?

PRESIDENT
I have a brain the size of a planet and you're asking me to look out for a roadsign?

NASH
Wow - perhaps we should look it up in the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy?

GERRANS
What?

NASH
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - you know, the book!

GERRANS
Oh - that thing...


10. Book Display.

THE BOOK The Babylon Project was a waste of time, a self contained world, five miles long, built to contain diplomats, hustlers, entrepeneurs and wanderers - it can be a dangerous place - it's their last best hope for piece. It's captained by Captain Callum Noble of Earthforce! It houses many different species and is divided into sectors. As any Betelgeusian would tell you however that it's an excuse for wild parties, dangerous adventures, and for easy sex. However as the universe doesn't really exist according to scientists we can therefore assume that this information is of no consequence anyway...


11. Docking Bay

HUTTON
That was the worst piece of crap I've ever heard...

GERRANS
Oh - you haven't read scene twelve yet of part five...

HUTTON
Oh - the author will snip that out in the end anyway...

::Batty enters::

BATTY
Greetings, I'm Commander Batty and I'm going to take you to your quarters - so, where are you from?

::Looks at Shaun::

BATTY
Spoo stains ARE very hard to get out you know...

- FIN -

End of Part Four.


Ad Break...

"Are YOU finding it difficult to write funny ads? If so hire me, my name is Oulon Kallophid and I am a professional joke writer - just ask me for a joke and send me £50.00 and I'LL change your product into a genuine peice of hilarity - phone today on Alpha Proxima VII 758XD3212."


"Now showing on Sky Movies Gold: Young Welper... The story of one little boy and his dog..."


NEXT EPISODE
i) Will Roderick Hunt EVER leave Suzzizwu's bed? We're guessing no but you can find out for sure next ep...
ii) The attacks begin...
iii) Callum is sent back towards B5 - what will happen?
iv) Jefferson finds a vacant transport...
v) Steevie sings a variety of songs...
vi) Kosh II's predictions look to be coming true...


© 1998 Andrew Brack