Part 6

Well, sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, sergeant Dunne. We
hit a spot of trouble three days ago.

As I mentioned, the ship alarm went off, which is why I had to cut my last communique short. I discovered shortly afterwards that the alarm had been triggered because a planet-side team had returned from a recent survey
with a member of the team incapacitated.

Quite what the reason for this incapacitation is we are not entirely sure.
Two member of the team and the man himself claimed that he had been attacked by an alien parasite, which had affixed itself to the poor man's face. Just before they left the planet to return to the Nostromo (they had weather trouble, preventing them from leaving earlier) this alien mysteriously disappeared.

According to them. Our chief psychologist reckons it is a side-effect of the helium-rich atmosphere on the survey planet.

Anyway, the team-member awoke from a coma yesterday and appears to be fine
now, albeit still feeling slightly groggy.

Can't think what the incident is about - after all, face-hugging aline parasites aren't very likely, are they? Space-crazy, if you ask me.

Any of your crew able to shed anymore light on the matter? Just wondered if you had anything in your records.

Anyway, as the crisis now seems to have fizzled out we're continuing on our way towards our original destination, Babylon 5.

I'll be in contact soon.


This is General SM Jones,
Chief Commanding Officer of the Nostromo, signing off...