Part 8

beep, beep, goes Sheridens link, waking him from a light sleep,
'What, what ?, oh I was dreaming, damn, not even an Ivonova :('

'Who the hell is it ?, I gave strict instructions not to be disturbed while I'm here, I'm going to kick some serious BUTT if this is not serious !' - Sheriden, as he snaps awake, realising that he's being disturbed in his one remaining place of peace and tranquility that he has aboard the station.

'John, we need you URGENTLY at C&C, URGENTLY !' Shouts Ivonova.

' Oh, okay, I'll be right there !' - Says Sheriden, as he gets up, and fastens and then zips WITHOUT WIPING HIS BUTT !, Picking up his RPG, as he leaves the crapper, (note : form a historic perspective, his repeated failure to follow proper hygiene procedures will lend him to be knowing as "The Smelly ONE".
.
.

- C&C - Just as Sheriden walks in.

'John, the Jump gate just activated, and those, THOSE, Things emerged! and are slowly drifting towards the station, they ignore all requests for identification, I'm, I'm, I'm scared' - Ivonova attempting to show that she is capable of having feelings.

'Yeh, sure, whatever ' Says Sheriden, giving Ivonova a wry smile.
'Now give me some more info, I can't make out what they are'.

'Sir, they are small and circular and appear to be made up of biological celluar material, they may be alive !' - Says one of the
C&C cannon fodder crew.

'Hang on a minute, I've seen those before, ' chuckles Sheriden.

'SIR, I'm picking up a garbled communication, I am attempting to
compensate for interferance' - more cannon fodder.

'Nevermind, I'm off to get one, Ivonova smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast' - Says Sheriden as he dashes out of C&C, making for one of Starfury bays.

'Commander, the signal has been cleared, shall I.....'

'Well put it through !' - Shouts an irritable Ivonova.

......................'I keep a close watch on this heart of mine, I keep my eyes wide open all the time, I keep the ends out for the tide to find, because your mine, I won't deny.....................'

- Cut to outside the station.
- Sheriden in a space suit, slowly drifting towards one of the circular objects, his hand reaches out AS.......

HooRah !!!!!!!